Tuesday 27 September 2011

A2 Media Past Video: Puretone - Addicted To Bass

Now, call me a critic or a hard-task master, but there is really only one video I have been blown away with when shown it in class. All the rest, just don't have that certain special "aspect" that make them appeal to me. They need to be interesting from start to finish... and the amazing Puretone - Addicted To Bass remake from a few years ago, which rather unsurprisingly got full marks, is one such example.



It might be my love of the dance genre, but I was seriously impressed by this music video when I first watched this back in Year 10.

There are several (or even many) things I love and may look into incorporating into my own production:
The intro: I love the way it's sped up - suits the tempo/beat of the song.
The shot from the top of the multi-storey - smoothly going from normal speed to sped up, and back again.
Dual images of her @ 0:51
Repeating shots on the beat @ 1:12
The lighting - naturalistic, clear, artistic and suits the clubber style @ night well.
The setting: Bury at night and the club suits that fact this is a high tempo dance track.
Stopmotion of her and the amp @ 2:18/2:58 - That's simply amazing!
Ending 3:46-3:50 - nice on the beat compilation of clips that just look cool.

This is the target for me. Achieve this level of video quality, or higher. I can't wait to get stuck in!

No comments:

Post a Comment